Statement of Belief
As an organization, we at LifeFirst believe that the defense of innocent human life from conception until natural death is the moral and civic issue of our time.
- The leadership of LifeFirst is primarily motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ and His directive, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- We believe that James 1:27 and Proverbs 24:11 serve as further compass points for our mission:
“Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world.” James 1:27
“Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.” Proverbs 24:11
- We believe that abortion is one of the greatest disrespects toward God because it disrespects Him in His essential nature as Father and Author and Giver of Life.
- We believe when we stand for the value of each life, we are glorifying God and pointing people toward Him.
- As a Christian organization the Apostles’ Creed encapsulates our beliefs.
- The Right to Life is the first right enumerated in our nation’s first founding document – the Declaration of Independence.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
- We believe the Right to Life is further established in the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.
“…nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws…”
- We agree with President Thomas Jefferson that, “The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government.”
- We believe the Right to Life is the foundation for all our civil rights. We affirm that the protection of each innocent human life from conception to natural death is essential to the foundation of our nation’s character and well-being.